We aim to preserve the history of policing in Essex whilst making learning fun. The Essex Police Museum has lots of craft activities and events throughout the year for all ages.
Essex Police Museum Kids Club
Collect a sticker for each childrens craft or trail you do and get your 5th one free!
Draw The Criminal
3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th November
£1, including free mini magnifying glass
Can you find the clues and use our photofit pieces to find the criminal?
1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd December
Make your own reindeer food and paper plate wreath!
Blues and 2s
Join us for stories, games, crafts and activities all following a police, detective or mystery theme. Suitable for children aged 2-4, each 45 minute session costs £2.50 per child (under 2s are free) and run at 10am and 11:30am.
Monday 5th November
10am or 11:30am
During this session we will learn about strangers and safe places to ask for help! Booking is essential—please contact Hannah Wilson on [email protected]lice.uk to book your space(s).
CSI - How To Catch A Criminal
Monday 3rd December
10am or 11:30am
During this session we will look at real CSI equipment and solve the crime in the museum! Booking is essential—please contact Hannah Wilson on [email protected]lice.uk to book your space(s).
Join us at the museum to hear stories about Essex policing! Talks cost £3 per person and booking is essential - please email [email protected] to book your space(s). Refreshments are provided and there will be an opportunity to view the museum exhibits.
There are currently no talks planned for the rest of 2018, but we are in the process of planning events for 2019. These will be posted on our website and social media pages when confirmed.
Second-Hand DVD and Book Sale
Due to a school booking, the book sale will not run on Thursday 22nd November, and the museum will be closed to the public. However, the book sale will run on Saturday 24th November with our full stock available.
Our popular second-hand DVD and Book Sale returns! Our stock includes books, DVDs, CDs and console/computer games covering all ages and genres. Prices range from 50p to £2!
Christmas Craft Fair
Friday 23rd November
Our popular Christmas Craft Fair returns! Join us anytime between 10am and 4pm and get some beautifully handmade gifts. Entry to the museum is free!
1. Crafty Cat Kits selling animal themed cards and gifts. https://www.etsy.com/shop/craftycatkits
2. Gemini Children's Books selling Usbourne books. www.geminichildrensbooks.co.uk
3. Making Memories selling handmade cards and scrap book projects https://www.makingmemoriescards.com/
4. Hannah's Little Craft Shop selling etched glass, handmade jewellery, cement jewellery, filled Christmas and fandom baubles and decoupaged/transferred images on ceramic tiles/wooden slices/wooden boxes https://www.facebook.com/hannahlittlecraftshop/
5. Black Cat Crafts selling material crafts such as bags, cushions and novelty/personalised cushions, dolls clothes and home décor items. Also, a range of Christmas items such as novelty bags, Christmas decorations, inexpensive stocking fillers for children, parents, grandparents and cat and dog stockings.
6. Daisy Daisy Crafts selling homemade peg bags, dog coats, christmas stockings, needle cases, scissor cases, aprons, pin cushions and crocheted bathroom items (e.g. soap savers, face scrubbies, etc.) www.facebook.com/daisydaisycrafts
7. Tayys Giftbox selling personalised gifts, toyboxes and more. https://www.tayys-giftbox.co.uk/
8. Julie Martin selling handmade Christmas and greeting cards.
9. Lisa Butterley selling bottle and mason jar decorations and table displays
10. Lyn and John Croot selling preserves, jewellery and mixed needlecraft items.
1st, 8th and 15th December
Post your letter to Santa in our special postbox and come back the week after to collect your reply!
10am-4pm, last entry 3.30pm
Come and meet Santa! There's no need to book and the event includes our Christmas Crafts activity and a gift from Santa.